WE ARE OPEN -
The prominent museum building on the Square was built for William Thorne, in 1872. Thorne was a quarry owner and operator of the horse-drawn railway to Fremington Quay.
The MBND Trust was set up in 2014 with the aim of supporting the museum in its duties of curation and education.
The Museum was established in 1989, bringing together the collections of the North Devon Athenaeum and the Borough Museum in St. Anne’s Chapel.
The Museum looks to reinforce the belief that the collections belong to North Devon and to promote a feeling of ownership of the same.