×
×

Welcome Hall

Permanent Display

The Welcome Hall offered a grand entrance to Mr. Thorne’s house when it was built in 1872 featuring a grand Victorian staircase.  Now it houses some of our fine art collection and pottery. Local scenes and portraits of notables, including the founders of the Barnstaple Literary and Scientific Institute, decorate the walls.

Housed in original cabinets from the showrooms of C.H.Brannam in Litchdon Street, some of the best pottery made in Barnstaple is on display.

Receive news about exhibitions, events and family workshops.