Whilst open the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors will be our most important priority. In accordance with recommendations from government and North Devon Council guidelines we have adjusted our ways of working to ensure visitors experience the collections in a safe and welcoming way.
What to expect from a visit:
- We will be limiting entry times to the museum to 15 minutes slots . To ensure your time slot book online or by phone.
- We advise visitors to the museum or tea-room to use the NHS Covid-19 app to register their visit with the Government’s Test and Trace programme.
- Face coverings are recommended throughout the museum (unless exempt) as in some displays social distancing and ventilation is limited.
- Navigation around the museum is now a one way system.
- Certain staff and volunteers will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- The lift will be for the use of visitors with mobility issues or pushchairs users. We will need to make special arrangements to modify the route for these visitors so please tell us in advance if you need to use the lift.
- Hand sanitiser stations are situated around the museum and gallery interactives are cleaned regularly.
- Social distancing guidance will be displayed throughout the museum.
How you can help:
- If you are not going to be able to turn up for a booked visit please let us know as soon as possible so we can make you slot available to others.
- We recommended visitors download and use the NHS Covid-19 track and trace app.
- Face coverings are not mandatory in the museum, however we do recommend you use them (unless exempt) as the museum has limited ventilation and space in certain displays.
- Please keep all prams, pushchairs and mobility aids with you and do not leave them in the museum foyer.
- Please read our guidance on arrival and follow the advice of our staff and volunteers.
- Be aware of social distancing when passing through the displays.
- Make use of the sanitiser stations and wash your hands thoroughly when using toilet facilities.
- Be considerate of other museum users and do not move into the next gallery until the previous visitors have exited.
- Please reschedule your museum visit if you are feeling unwell.